Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Bubbas"

Owen's blanket is affectionately called his "Bubba," and he has three main ones that are interchangeable. We love making "bubba" piles and snuggling together. We just got the softest blanket I've ever felt for our bed (Brookstone Nap blanket...the queen size blanket is 50% off right now on Amazon!). This morning we made a "Bubba" pile on the biggest "Bubba" of them all and had a good snuggle. Notice Owen's pirate jammies (thank you Aunt Abby and Grandma Queen!).
A word about books...I just read Joelle's comment on the David Shannon books. It seems like No, David! would give kids the wrong ideas, but Owen just thinks it's all hilarious. Especially the page where David sticks his finger up his nose ("Stop that this instant!"). We have to spend a while on that page, while Owen slyly sticks his finger up his nose and then I say, "Stop that this instant!" It's a fun game.

Also, in response to Abby's comment...the cutest thing in Go, Dog, Go is when you ask Owen, "Where are those cars going so fast?" and he says "Costco!" He came up with that all on his own, probably because he loves taking trips to Costco with his Grandma Queen and Pop Pop!

1 comment:

Joelle Turner said...

I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way... I didn't think it would give kids the wrong idea. Its just that since Daddy's name is David he was worried the kids would think HE was a bad kid (which I hear he was, so I don't know why hes so worried!) I almost bought that book to give him in the hospital when the girlies were born. Now that I know how much Owen enjoys it, I'm totally going to buy it! I've always thought it looked so cute! But I've never actually read the book, just saw it on amazon.

And I'm totally going to check out that blanket!! I've felt those in the store and they are super soft!