Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Library Day

When I check out of the library, like I did today, with an armful of great books for every member of the family, I always have to fight back the urge to reach for my wallet and ask, "What's the damage?" Instead, they just say, "you're all set," and out we walk. And as I exit I feel like I've perpetrated some scam -- they'll let me just walk out of here with these things? All I have to do is promise to bring them back on time?

(I should mention that I was never good about due dates as a youth, but our library makes it very easy for us with online renewals and reminder emails two days before the due date. How great.)

All this is to say that we got some great Mo Willems books for Owen today. We own, and we LOVE, "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus." It's simply great, both the writing and the illustrations. So we picked up today "Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late," and "The Pigeon Finds A Hot Dog." Plus a few others that looked fun.



Whatever age you are, stop by your library and find these Mo Willems books. You won't be disappointed. You'll also probably find six or eight things you've been meaning to buy. FOR FREE!

Jed

3 comments:

Last Paradise said...

What, YOU Jed?? You didn't return your library books on time either?! Hahaha.. Are you going to bring some up here? John would love some new books! We read for a long time tonite because he had a late nap- so fun :)

Joelle Turner said...

I was just telling Abby I've been meaning to get by the library -- its about a mile from the house and I haven't been yet!! She told me about your post. Now I even have some specific books to check out, the Moe Willems books look adorable! By the way, Jed, its about time to start making my girlies baby food -- any tips? Good websites?? Books??

Janet said...

Books are our friends! READ, READ, READ, I once had a poster that said,** Be The Leader Of The Pack And Read Everyday.**
I plan to look at these books on my next trip to the library