Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Owen and John!

Owen turns 3 years old!

Is this a GLITTER BALL Greta? These are the latest rage among Rockford kids. We got Greta a glitter ball for her birthday, and she got Owen one for his birthday (with fish inside!). She also got me my very own mini glitter ball for my birthday. We are all set on glitter balls around here!

Lots and lots of presents...including Owen's latest obsession, a car transporter.

A poetry book from Aunt Ginny (My Dog May Be a Genius, by Jack Prelutsky), which included a personalized poem written by Ginny. I don't think Ginny will mind if I share (it made me cry when I read it). I must say that we are so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful family.

You're three, You're three
How can that be?
When yesterday
Only two were you

You were two, just two
O' beautiful nephew
Learning to talk and run
Leaping beyond simply one

You were one, just one
And before that none
But a dream for a lad
Your mom and dad had

I can't remember when you were not
In my heart, you hold a special spot
Bigger than you'll ever know'n
Happy 3rd Birthday, Sweet, Sweet, Owen



Dinner on the porch with Grandma Brooks. A little quiet time amidst all the partying!

No comments: